This guide is meant as a supplement to our general rules… If you get a problem or have a question, make sure to read here first before you contact anybody.
You will find 95% of the answers right here !
If a certain matter is not mentioned in this guide, then "The rules and policies" are valid.
We know this guide is very extensive, but please still read it all very carefully - we guarantee you it will be worthwhile.
24.10.2016 - AB-10 begins
05.11.2016 - Deadline group stage
08.11.2016 - Deadline play-offs
11.11.2016 - Deadline 1/8-finals
16.11.2016 - Deadline 1/4-finals
21.11.2016 - Deadline 1/2-finals
27.11.2016 - Deadline final
Dates mentioned are only indicative - If necessary we will change the deadlines within reason.
Match arranging and playing
1) As already mentioned add immediately each other as friends on royalgames.com.
2) Contact each other (on royalgames.com or here in the Community) as soon as possible to set an exact date and time. Remember it is actually possible to arrange a match days in advance.
3) Always reply to messages about match arranging or any other tournament related matters.
4) If you know, that you will not be able to play on certain days e.g. due to holiday, make sure to inform your opponents and admins early enough.
5) Take a minute or two to say hi and good luck and to agree on various things like chat or not chat before the clock starts to count down.
6) Show some patience instead of freaking out right away… in 9 cases out of 10 there is a reason to why your opponent is a little late, a reason to why your opponent is not showing up, a reason to why your opponent suddenly disappears etc etc… these things can happen, so stay cool.
If it comes to our attention, that a player constantly ignores messages from his/her opponents (and/or from the admins) or never take any active part of match arranging, then we will take action immediately - severe cases can result in exclusion.
Safe play is part of 8-ball, especially in these big and competitive events. Therefore please accept and tolerate fair safe play. The general rule is:
It is not against the law to play safe, but it is forbidden to play 100 % safe, i. e. if there are more free balls to be played - in terms of "to be potted" - then please do so.
Game crash and "ghost bug"
If a game or the server crashes in an obvious winning position for one of the players, you will of course give away the game. We all know, when a game is won or not. If a game crashes in any other position, that particular game does not count in the score and has to be replayed.
guideline "ghost bug":
All "ghost games" have to be replayed, unless there is a clear winning situation for one of the players when the ghost appears. The winning position must be obvious for both players. In case that they can not agree, the ghost game must be replayed. It goes without saying that this rule must not be misused for an unfair advantage!
We cannot all be best friends - keep that in mind! Don't provoke and don't get provoked. Keep cool, keep silent and keep the score. There really isn't more to it than that - it is quite simple.
We will watch the forum, all profiles and guestbooks closely. We will not accept personal attacks and disobidience can result in immediate exclusion.
Who is who
Take a look at the "Who is who" in the menu and please check your own names. Should there be anything missing, do you have additions or are there any typos, then please let us know at the soonest, thank you.
Disagreements in a match
In case you have any disagreement in a match and want the administration to solve or decide the issue, then you have to use our contact e-mail adresses! Please do not send complaints by royalgames.com messages to the admins. And most important: Do not accuse your opponent of anything in our fourm. We simply will not tolerate public disputes.
PLEASE NOTE: Quite often when we send you E-mails from the above contact addresses, they unfortunately end in your SPAM-box. So please if you are awaiting an answer from us, make sure to check your SPAM-box first!
A few useful links
Safe play and table weakness:
Chat or NOT CHAT during a match...:
REMEMBER: Fairness is everything…